I am a librarian at the University of Virginia, where I have worked for the past twelve years. I have tutoring experience in math, science, English, history, and a great deal of SAT prep. I have worked with students in grades 4-12, from public and private schools, home school, honors programs, etc.
I live in Charlottesville, and I am happy to conduct sessions in town, or most anywhere in Albemarle county.
My goal in tutoring is to provide the student with a sense of clarity about the subject matter, so he or she understands the concepts that are being assigned or tested, and why they are important. Then we can focus on the specific skills, techniques, and strategies that lead to easier homework completion, better test scores, and a sense of confidence with the material. In addition to teaching and reinforcing the fundamentals, I also stress the importance of study skills, time management, and a positive attitude. Each student is a unique individual, with his or her own personality and learning style. I am always open to adapting my approach to suit the needs of the student, so we can make the most out of the tutoring sessions.
Popular Ads Overall
- Post (39989 views)
- Ph.D. for Help in Writing, Spanish, Italian, College Admissions (2715 views)
- A recent graduate of the Texas A&M Petroleum Engineering Program (1356 views)
- Math and Physics Tutor PhD Student (891 views)
- Math Tutor (math majored) (642 views)
- Tutoring: Building Skills and Confidence (584 views)
- Highly Rated Chemistry Tutor (574 views)
- Experienced Tutor Specializing in Math, Physics, and Chemistry (561 views)
- I’m here to help you learn to develop your Computer Skills! (538 views)
- Geography Grad Tutoring GED, ESL, Elementary, Middle and High (482 views)