“Everything we do as teachers must ensure that the child’s inherent desire to learn is kept alive.” ~ Robert John Meehan
Hi, my name is Emily.
Over the course of my career, I have worked with a large scope of student profiles. My skills in differentiated instruction have prepared me to effectively meet the needs of those students requiring supplemental academic instruction for mild to moderate learning needs. I have also developed a key set of qualifications that hit very close to home.
I have a child with Dyslexia and a variety of other fairly common learning challenges. Even though her PRE-K – 8 school insisted she was doing “just fine,” I finally followed my gut and had her tested in the spring of her second grade year. Initially, I devastated by her diagnosis. Why did I allow others to explain away the tell-tale signs of emerging learning differences for so long, and why did I believe them? Avoidance. Memorizing. Pretending. Defiance. Isolation. Learning difference are real, and now I know firsthand what it looks and feels like to have a misunderstood student, as well as to teach them.
Like many other students with her profile, I would describe my daughter as creative, out-of-the-box, kind, eager to succeed, shy, impulsive, and desperate to “catch up.” I am keenly aware that many of these children also start to feel “left behind” far before anyone of us detect the gravity of their struggle. As a Learning Specialist, I believe I can help children navigate and embrace each student, becoming more confident and capable of succeeding in all facets of their world.
I have no doubt I can make on impact on your child’s life in and out of the classroom.
Popular Ads Overall
- Post (40441 views)
- Ph.D. for Help in Writing, Spanish, Italian, College Admissions (2976 views)
- A recent graduate of the Texas A&M Petroleum Engineering Program (2476 views)
- Math and Physics Tutor PhD Student (1075 views)
- Math Tutor (math majored) (887 views)
- Tutoring: Building Skills and Confidence (840 views)
- Experienced Tutor Specializing in Math, Physics, and Chemistry (793 views)
- Highly Rated Chemistry Tutor (791 views)
- Fun Teacher Available to Help! (754 views)
- I’m here to help you learn to develop your Computer Skills! (727 views)