ESL, Test prep, Reading/Writing & editing for 'your' voice
I have been an educator since 1987. A friend asked me to help a young girl who was struggling with feeling intimidated by her male tutor in ESL. I discovered then a passion for teaching and have been doing so in a variety of positions both formal and informal since then. I push my students to learn the specific information they ask of me. Perhaps more importantly though, it is my hope that they will find a passion for learning and gain skill sets that they can use in all their endeavors.
I have several areas that I specialize in: English as a Second Language (ESL); test preparation – specifically ACT, SAT, and TOEFL; reading; and writing. While social sciences are my focus, I also teach elementary and high school math and sciences. Organization, time management, and study skills form the foundation of any learning. I have always stressed this with my students and incorporate this into my lessons. Each individual has their own way of processing information and retaining knowledge. I strongly believe that each individual’s lesson plan must be tailored to them which is what makes tutoring such a rewarding experience.
Popular Ads Overall
- Post (34155 views)
- Ph.D. for Help in Writing, Spanish, Italian, College Admissions (2458 views)
- A recent graduate of the Texas A&M Petroleum Engineering Program (1146 views)
- Math and Physics Tutor PhD Student (687 views)
- Math Tutor (math majored) (376 views)
- Highly Rated Chemistry Tutor (328 views)
- Tutoring: Building Skills and Confidence (317 views)
- I’m here to help you learn to develop your Computer Skills! (308 views)
- Experienced Tutor Specializing in Math, Physics, and Chemistry (308 views)
- Geography Grad Tutoring GED, ESL, Elementary, Middle and High (297 views)