Mathematics, Chemistry, and Science take effort to master but you should know that you can do them. The thought processes may be different than what you are used to, but once you become familiar with them, you can prosper in these subjects. I have worked with learners from a wide range of backgrounds. While I cannot say there won’t be hard work and effort involved on your part, you can learn, and even enjoy, these subjects.
I worked as a research scientist in applying chemistry and mathematics to industrial problems. My work resulted patents. Besides scientific work, I have teaching and tutoring experience. I instructed and tutored in cram schools, colleges and overseas in Japan for about six years. I’ve worked with people from 3rd grade to retired adults and everyone in between. Some of the institutions I’ve worked at include JEI (a cram school focusing on Math and English), International Masters Academy (Britannica), and Washington State community colleges.
I monitor my student’s work and explanations in order to understand the underlying reasoning applied by the student when solving questions. I work at the current level of the student, to correct any misconceptions, and to fill in gaps of knowledge. My goal is not for the student to merely repeat a particular calculation but to become a problem solver. I ask questions that direct the student to understand how to the answer questions on their own while providing direction if needed.
I also have experience and training in ESL and hold a TESL/TEFL certificate from the Washington State Academy of Languages.
Never give up. You can succeed.
Popular Ads Overall
- Post (39920 views)
- Ph.D. for Help in Writing, Spanish, Italian, College Admissions (2615 views)
- A recent graduate of the Texas A&M Petroleum Engineering Program (1307 views)
- Math and Physics Tutor PhD Student (825 views)
- Math Tutor (math majored) (541 views)
- Tutoring: Building Skills and Confidence (486 views)
- Highly Rated Chemistry Tutor (479 views)
- Experienced Tutor Specializing in Math, Physics, and Chemistry (476 views)
- I’m here to help you learn to develop your Computer Skills! (467 views)
- Geography Grad Tutoring GED, ESL, Elementary, Middle and High (431 views)