I graduated from Eastern Michigan University Cum Laude with a Bachelor in Science for Mathematics Education and minor in psychology. During my time at Eastern, I tutored at-risk youth in the Ypsilanti and Jackson areas. I also taught financial education in K-12 classrooms throughout Jackson County.
I am currently teaching 8th grade math. Two of my sections consist of students who are struggling math learners. These two smaller than usual classes provide me the opportunity to work with students one-on-one. I have also found more success working with students individually because every student has different learning needs. In this role, I also tutor frequently during lunch or after school.
I have had the opportunity to work with students in all grade levels which has allowed me to adapt my teaching style to the specific needs of each level of learner. I have also worked with students from an array of backgrounds including adjudicated youth. My specific degree is also different than most teaching degrees. I not only have a teaching degree, but I also have a degree in Mathematics.
If you are someone who is frustrated with math in the math classroom, I would be happy to help you! Please reach out to me if you have any questions or to schedule a lesson. Thank you!
Popular Ads Overall
- Post (40366 views)
- Ph.D. for Help in Writing, Spanish, Italian, College Admissions (2869 views)
- A recent graduate of the Texas A&M Petroleum Engineering Program (1461 views)
- Math and Physics Tutor PhD Student (1005 views)
- Math Tutor (math majored) (804 views)
- Tutoring: Building Skills and Confidence (745 views)
- Experienced Tutor Specializing in Math, Physics, and Chemistry (711 views)
- Highly Rated Chemistry Tutor (694 views)
- Fun Teacher Available to Help! (655 views)
- I’m here to help you learn to develop your Computer Skills! (652 views)